Monday, July 01, 2013

Tree, apple, Part the Third

Me: So these friends of SH's came for dinner and as SH is turning the steak on the grill - this was the second night they were eating with us, the friend asks SH, "Do you have any kid-friendly food?"

SH: He said that his kids wouldn't eat steak!

Me: Which I hadn't wanted to feed to them anyhow. Who wastes steak on kids?

SH: I pointed out to him that we don't have kids, so no, we didn't have kid-friendly food.

Me: I had tried to convince SH that we should get something besides steak for the kids, but he had thought it would be rude.

My sister: Wait. SH wanted to feed steak to kids?

Me: Yes.

My sister: But that's nuts. Nobody gives steak to kids.

Me: Nope. Why waste something that costs almost ten dollars a pound on someone who thinks that Kraft macaroni and cheese or Spaghettios is good food?

SH: Well, I didn't want to give them steak, either, but I didn't want to be impolite.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

This is why sausages were invented. (I think you might call them wieners?)