Thursday, August 08, 2013

Vacation

You guys, I am tired. Wiped out. This working baloney is for the birds. I leave the house at 6:43 a.m. and I return at 5:30 p.m. and the fairies have not cleaned my house or done my cooking in my absence. Nor have they written my blog or responded to the comments, which I hate because I don't want you to think I am ignoring you. Weekends are spent doing laundry and cleaning and yardwork and I know I am preaching to the choir here. You all know. You live it, too.

All I want is a weekend where I don't have to do anything but sleep and read and watch movies. I don't want to talk to anybody or go anywhere or interact with any other living being and yes that includes my husband, even though I love him. Nobody. I don't want to interact with anyone. (Yes I am an introvert - why do you ask?) Even in the best of times, I am not that good around other people for more than 15 minutes at a time. Maybe I should have been a cloistered nun in an order where no talking is allowed.

I need a vacation from blogging. I am taking off until after Labor Day weekend. I don't get a vacation from other things, but I will take a vacation from this. Which is odd, because I really like blogging but right now, with everything else that is going on, it just feels like one more chore. Plus it is the only thing in my life that I control right now.

I love your comments. I love that I have readers who are perfect strangers who have become my blog friends. I hope you will come back after I return and I hope you have a great August.


15 comments:

Morfydd said...

Aw... Have a good peaceful time. Can you send your husband on a trip to relatives for the weekend or something?

Anyway, enjoy the time away!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you don't post that often...

LPC said...

Hey, I'm on blog break too!

And you do so post often. *scowls at anonymous*

Anonymous said...

You will be missed.

fin

Joan said...

See you in September. Great. Now I have an earworm.

smalltownme said...

I usually lurk here without commenting! I'll miss your wit but you need a break, of course. I inadvertently took a blog break for most of July -- I needed to tend my introversion too!

webb said...

Definitely take a break! We'll miss you.

The best two weeks of my summer were wh -en the husband was out of town! Totally understand where you are coming from.

Anonymous said...

Your blog always gives me a chuckle so I will miss it during your break. However, I totally understand your need for a break. I don't know how bloggers keep it up. Several of the ones I regularly read are taking a break now. Hope you enjoy your time off although I wish you could have the kind of solitary break you mentioned. Charlene

Gaylin said...

You deserve a break. I will come back to 'see' you in September! It does help that I am on vacation the last week of August with no internet where I will be.

Send your husband out snipe hunting . . .

I stayed in my pj's until 4 p.m. today. Crap, now all those chores are waiting.

Erika said...

As one introvert to another - enjoy your holiday!

I had a day off recently and so did Best Beloved. I was ready to scream at him by the end of it. Yes, forcibly send him away.

Looking forward to your return.

Bourbon & Pearls said...

I know the feeling, I leave at 6 and come home at 6, it's a bit wearing! Enjoy your rest.

Deborah said...

Hi, [emerging from the lurking shadows]

Enjoy your blogging break, recharge and restore!

Christoper said...

This is awesome!

Marty Haugen said...

You're not doing it right.

Koala Blue said...

Feeling a bit purple perhaps?