Friday, September 20, 2013

Marriage 501, Lecture 868: Sauce for the gander

SH: OK. Is there anything you want me to get?

Me: Maybe some eggs. The sour cream is still good.

SH: You know it's dangerous to send me to Sendik's.

Me: Why?

SH: Because I have to walk past the wine section.

Me: If you buy wine, I'm buying a new purse.

SH: That's not the same.

Me: I'm getting that purse I saw in Texas Monthly.

SH: No way! That costs over $500!

Me: You get wine, I get a purse.

SH: Wine doesn't cost that much! That's like buying a BMW! It's like buying a $200 bottle of wine!

Me: You buy wine every week. I buy a few purses a decade. I think it evens out.

SH: You can't get that! It's too expensive!

Me: If I get a new job, I'm getting it.

SH: No way.

Me: Yes way.

SH: OK. But only if you make more money than you make now.

Me: OK.

No comments: