Monday, September 16, 2013

Marriage 501, Lecture 875: And I helped

SH: Hey. What are you going to do with that fig?

Me: I'm eating it.

SH: But what will you do with the stem? You can't leave that in the car.

Me: Don't worry about it.

SH: But what will you do with it? Are you going to toss it out the window? That's littering!

Me: This is not your problem to solve.

SH: But I want to know.

Me: I told you not to worry about it.

SH: I want to know!

Me: None of your business.

SH: I'm just trying to help.

Me: I don't want your help.

SH: But I just want to help!

Me: I want your help on things like vacuuming and doing laundry, not on what I'm going to do with the stem.

SH: I don't want to help on that sort of thing. I want to help by telling you what to do.

Me: Don't help me.

2 comments:

Niisei said...

OMG I love this.

Joy said...

Fig stem is biodegradable. As are banana peels, apple cores, apricot pits, and other detritus thrown out the window after the fruit was eaten in the car. I have had to explain this one to my husband as well.