Monday, October 21, 2013

Marriage 601, Lecture 763: The proper use of trash bags


SH: Wait! What are you doing?

Me: Getting a trash bag.

SH: For what?

Me: To put stuff in for the Easter Seals pickup.

SH: But that's a Good Trash Bag!

Me: So?

SH: You can't use a Good Garbage Bag for that!

Me: Yes I can.

SH: No! You need to use one of the Bad Garbage Bags.

Me: Then get me one.

SH: OK. They're in the basement.

Me: What's the difference between a Good Trash Bag and a Bad Trash Bag?

SH: The Bad Trash Bags are really cheap.

Me: Then why did you buy them in the first place?

SH: They were probably only a dollar at Menards.

Me: Whatever.

SH: Hey! You have these pillows in a Good Trash Bag!

Me: So?

SH: That's a waste of a Good Trash Bag. I'm going to switch it to a Bad Trash Bag.

Me: You may use your free time as you see fit.

SH: You have to help me.

Me: No I don't. I'm leaving. Wait. First I need to take a photo.

SH: Are you going to blog about this?

Me: Yes.

SH: See? I give you material.

Me: I'd rather have less drama.

SH: Here's a good line for your blog: Part of being a garbage bag user is knowing when to use the Good Garbage Bags and when to use the Bad Garbage Bags. That's really funny, isn't it? Hey! I just saved us three Good Garbage Bags!

2 comments:

webb said...

Let's see ... at Costco they are $4.00 for about 250 so now you have a nickel. I'd have used the good bags anyway.

Gracie's Mom said...

And yet eventually, regardless of whether they are "good" or "bad" they will all end up in the garbage.