Friday, November 15, 2013

Marriage 601, Lecture 314: Yes I know I am a snob



Me: What would you do if you had a client who wanted you to decorate around a Thomas Kinkade painting?

My friend the decorator: A what?

Me: You know. Thomas Kinkade. That guy whose art is mass produced and there are people in a factory who dot some paint on top of the prints.

My friend: That would never happen.

Me: It could.

SH: Unlikely. The universe of people who hire talented decorators like [my friend] and the universe of people who buy Thomas Kinkade paintings never intersect.

Me: But what if it happened?

My friend: I wouldn't be able to take the job. I couldn't do it.



Source: http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/star-wars-imperial-forces-invade-thomas-kinkade-paintings-153522



1 comment:

Gracie's Mom said...

As a designer I agree whole heartedly with your friend!