Friday, November 01, 2013

Marriage 601, Lecture 62: Because I am the only person who likes living in a clean house

SH: Would you do me a huge favor?

Me: No.

SH: Please.

Me: No.

SH: Oh come on. I just want you to iron-

Me: I hate ironing. No.

SH: Please?!

Me: You owe me.

SH: Why?

Me: Because this is a huge favor.

SH: I do things for you all the time!

Me: Like what?

SH: I vacuum. I cut the grass.

Me: Those things are not for me. Those are for us. That's something you do because we live in this house together.

SH: They're for you.

Me: I used to do all those things before I got a job.

SH: But if I vacuum two weeks in a row, it's for you because if I lived alone, I would never clean that much.

3 comments:

smalltownme said...

I hate ironing. My 17-year-old son asked me to teach him how to iron a shirt and I said "take it to the cleaners." But I showed him anyway, because if a 17-year-old takes any interest at all in ironing I have to encourage it.

Anonymous Mother said...

So is THAT why I ended up ironing SH's shirt for your wedding???

Class factotum said...

Smalltownme, why did he want to iron and how can we bottle and sell that?

Mom, yes. And thank you. I hate ironing.