Monday, December 02, 2013

Marriage 601, Lecture 124: It's not even a pass/fail test

SH: I  have to do that stupid fast for work.

Me: What do you mean, a fast for work?

SH: For my blood sugar. For the health insurance. To get the discount.

Me: Oh.

SH: So it's a good thing I already finished those M&Ms. Now I have to go twelve hours without eating.

Me: I couldn't do that.

SH: It's not so hard. Hey. What are you doing?

Me: Eating.

SH: Eating what?

Me: Bread.

SH: Aren't you going to offer me any?

Me: I thought you were fasting.

SH: Oh yeah.

Me: So do you only get the insurance discount if you get a certain score on the blood test?

SH: No. I just have to take it.

Me: So it doesn't matter if you show high blood sugar on the test or not.

SH: No.

Me: Want some bread?

SH: Yes. Give me some. And a clementine, too.

No comments: