Thursday, January 16, 2014

For new readers

A friend just asked if "SH" stands for what he thinks it stands for.

Well it stands for Serious Honey, I thought. Duh.

Then I started running "SH" through my head. What else could it stand for?

Oh. Oh! That had never occurred to me, even though it should have, as it is what SH's father calls his mother. Not exactly a term of endearment, but then you never know what goes on in someone else's marriage. (However, SH's dad is mean to his mom in other ways, so calling her "SH" - the other definition - fits.)

But just so you know. No. Not what you might think. It's "Serious Honey" and it's how I referred to my sweet albeit sometimes cranky husband when we first started dating, as I have a no real names policy in my blog. Mostly. My sister really is Jenny. And my brother really is Greg. But when SH and I were dating, I didn't know if it would last and I wanted to protect his privacy, even though all my friends knew who he was. So I guess it was a pointless attempt.

7 comments:

LPC said...

Ha! And for me the same letters now mean "Significant Husband:)."

CF said...

That, too, Lisa!

gorthx said...

I thought it was "Sweet Husband". :)

Jen on the Edge said...

I thought that SH was for Significant Husband, as Lisa uses in her blog.

Marilyn Leslie said...

i thought you meant he was a serious hottie!

CF said...

Marilyn, there is that, too! He is a Serious Hottie!

Gaylin said...

I thought it was for Sweet Heart or Sweet Husband.