Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Marriage 601, Lecture 764: Tomayto, tomahto

Me: Darn it. The button doesn't work on my phone. I mean, it's sporadic. It doesn't work so well in the cold.

SH: I don't have a problem with my ["new Android tablet," as he instructed me to call it]. Some people are having quality problems with it but I have not.

Me: Oh. [I return to my book because my commentary is done. I have advised SH of the problem and I want him to fix it but I do not want to discuss the process for fixing it.]

SH: Look. It has a soft key. Your phone doesn't. [My phone has a mechanical key.]

Me: I don't care.

SH: But this is interesting! Look--

Me: I don't care. It's technical and it's boring.

SH: No it isn't! Besides, you talk all the time about boring things.

Me: Nope. My stories are good.

What this all really reduces to is that I, apparently, am Jewish and SH is not. Who knew?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your punch line.... I too am Jewish... and technology-phobic/disterested (which is it... I'll never tell). I wonder if it's genetic. Love your blog!! Hugs, Sue

Gaylin said...

When my family would get together for Christmas dinner, we would all turn Jewish . . . My ex was overwhelmed by the continuous noise, which only abated when we all stuffed in those first few bites!

I have been working on computers since 1986 and am so over it. I don't have a cell phone, tablet etc. I have an old refurbished laptop at home and my phone plugs into the wall! I did break down and buy and iPod shuffle - I had hit max capacity for overhearing inane conversations on the bus. I decided getting an iPod was cheaper than spending time in jail for beating people with my umbrella.

Anonymous said...

Then I too am Jewish! I have often wondered if our Slavic great grands were Jewish and fleeing persecution....white chocolate