Monday, February 17, 2014

Marriage 601, Lecture 786: My friends know me better than SH does

SH: What are you and Lenore going to do tonight?

Me: I don't know.

SH: You haven't planned anything? You didn't get a movie? Nothing?

Me: No.

SH: But what will you do after we are done eating?

Me: I want to go to bed. I haven't slept well all week.

SH: You can't just abandon your friend! She's a late-night person!

Me: She's known me for 28 years. She knows to bring a book.

Later.

SH: CF never wants to go out. I don't know what you guys are going to do tonight.

Lenore: I know. I brought a book.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

The best houseguests don't expect to be constantly entertained and the best hosts give their houseguests down time to read a good book.

webb said...

Of course, your friends know you better. They were paying attention in the early days, and not distracted by xyzx!