Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Marriage 601, Lecture 721: My boss became a millionaire and all I got was this lousy mug, or, How did I marry a hoarder?

Me: We need to throw that coffee cup away.

SH: What? No! Why?

Me: Because it leaks. That crack down the side has finally opened. I don't think it can be fixed.

SH: No!

Me: But it's useless!

SH: I want to keep it.

Me: Why?

SH: Because it's a souvenir from when I worked at [Silicon Valley startup #2,641 that didn't make any of its employees rich]

Me: Ah. That's a good reason.

He can put it with his employee manual from when he worked at Apple over 20 years ago, the phone bills from 1997 when he was still married to his ex, and those expired coupons for Culver's.

1 comment:

webb said...

I've already solicited promises from much younger friends that they will help me with the front end loader that it will take to clear out the "saved treasurers" when my hubby goes. [You got that euphemism, right?]

Who really needs 47 bags and totes of various sizes, shapes and colors? Apparently we do... as well as the stuff to fill them. I feel your pain.