Monday, June 09, 2014

Marriage 601, Lecture 65: You divide, I'll choose

SH: Hey! What are you doing?

Me: Making you a caprese salad.

SH: Where did you get those tomatoes?

Me: One is left from the batch you got last week and I bought some more today.

SH: I want mostly this [the older] tomato.

Me: Too bad. That's the one I'm having.

SH: Why do you get it?

Me: Because I am the one who is doing all the work.

That is, I bought the basil and the tomatoes. (SH bought the cheese last week and I was worried it would go bad before we could use it.) I washed the basil and tomatoes. I am slicing the basil, the tomatoes, and the cheese.

SH: But the person who is doing the preparation should sacrifice for the other person.

Me: Your mom told you that the sun shines out of your a** one too many times.

SH: Yep.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been following your blog for awhile now. Recently I've been dealing with some serious health issues and I wanted you to know your writing takes my mind off things for a moment and makes me laugh. There's an element of recognition since I live with a scientist... not an engineer, but still. Your writing is so funny, honest, and well, really, really good. Thanks.
Kathleen

Class factotum said...

Thank you, Kathleen. What a nice thing to say. I hope you feel better soon. :)