Friday, July 18, 2014

Marriage 601, Lecture 230: Roles and responsibilities, or, How ultra-liberal men are down with the sisterhood

SH: We're going to be gone a long time on this trip.

Me: Yes. Over a week.

SH: We have to look nice for some of it.

Me: When we go out to dinner with my aunts and uncles.

SH: The rest, we can just wear t-shirts.

Me: Definitely.

SH: But the underwear.

Me: We will need underwear.

SH: I don't want to pack that much.

Me: You can always wash some.

SH: Or you could wash it for me.

Me: Or you could wash it.

SH: Or you could wash it for me.

Me: I am not washing your underwear while we are on vacation.

SH: But you will be washing your own.

Me: What does that have to do with it?

SH: You can just do mine, too.

Me: Nope. But I will be happy to tell you, Mr. Phi Beta Kappa, how to wash underwear in the sink.

SH: I don't want to know how.

Me: Why not?

SH: When will I never need to know this again?

Me: Next year, when we are on vacation again?


2 comments:

Schmitt said...

You need this!

https://medium.com/@sofauxboho/pack-like-a-nerd-2157aa39738f

webb said...

Just how big is his underwear? A week's worth doesn't take all that much space .... does it?