Friday, August 29, 2014

Marriage 601, Lecture 123: The clothes probably wouldn't have fit


SH: Wow. You look really hot in that outfit.

[It is the gym pants I wear to ride my bike to work. They are not bike pants - they are regular gym pants with a wide leg. Wide legs do not work well on a bike.]

Me: I know.

SH: So what do the people at work think when they see you?

Me: I don't know. But hey! They are almost all engineers, so they don't make eye contact.

SH: But they still look at your feet.

Me: Oh man. So they see the binder clips attached to my cuffs to hold the pants in. They're probably thinking, "What a dork!"

SH: Nope. They're engineers. They're thinking, "Hmmm. That's a good idea."

3 comments:

LPC said...

Classic. Perfect.

Evelynne said...

I laughed so hard at this. My husband is an engineer and when I read the last line to him he was nodding in agreement.

Gaia said...

Loved this! Gotta love these engineers!