Friday, August 22, 2014

Marriage 601, Lecture 764: Tomayto, tomahto


SH: Hey! Are you going to make me a tomato salad?

Me: Maybe. Are you hungry?

SH: No.

Me: So???

SH: But later?

Me: Maybe.

SH: Are there ripe tomatoes?

Me: Yes.

SH: But are they the Good Tomatoes?

Me: No.

SH: But I want the Good Tomatoes!

Me: You didn't dig up the back yard for a garden. You didn't plant the tomatoes. You haven't been weeding. you have not done anything to create the Good Tomatoes.

[The other tomatoes are the farmers market tomatoes, which are not bad, but they are not as good as the tomatoes from my garden.]

SH: I don't hog all the good food!

Me: I'm not hogging. But I am the one who put all the work into these tomatoes.

SH: You need to share.

Me: This is not Cuba. There is no forced sharing.

SH: When I make steak, I don't keep all the good parts for myself. I share it with you.

Me: When you start raising and butchering the beeves yourself, you can keep all the Good Steak for yourself.

1 comment:

webb said...

I'm with you. Mitchell loves the veggie garden. He works hard in it ... choosing what I should plant, and exactly where, and when I should water, and how I should weed, and when I should harvest ... veggie gardening is hard work!