Friday, September 12, 2014

Marriage 601, Lecture 123: Holy man



Me: I know we are watching our expenses -

[SH is considering a job change that would require an enormous pay cut. I am not thrilled. Those women who complain that their husbands don't think about anything but making money? You just hush. It's not a bad thing to have a husband who wants to make a lot of money. I like having money. There. I said it. I like having money. I like not having to worry. I like knowing that it will be possible for me to pay my bills when I am 90.]

Me: And that we need  not to waste money.

SH: Yes.

Me: But I don't think we have reached the point where you have to keep wearing these socks.

SH: There is nothing wrong with these socks! They are perfectly wearable.

Me: There are huge holes in the cuffs!

SH: They're not visible. Once they get too bad, I'll buy new ones.

Me: You don't need new socks. You have an entire drawer full of socks you have never worn.

SH: But none this color.

1 comment:

Marty Haugen said...

Whenever I wear old, wornout socks, I tell Linda that I'm ready for church, because I'm wearing my holy socks. (Get it? There are holes in the socks). She doesn't like that joke, so I use it a lot.