Friday, September 19, 2014

Marriage 701, Lecture 76: The hill he will die on

SH: Hey! I do things around the house! I vacuumed and I walked to get fish fry so we could use the coupon and I picked up pears!

Me: I know.

SH: So you can't say I don't do things.

Me: I don't. You brought it up.

SH: So if I would quit my job, I would help.

Me: Oh you would do more than help.

SH: What?

Me: The person who does not have the job for money takes care of everything around the house. That's the rule.

SH: Well, everything except stuff the person is opposed to on principle.

Me: What? What do you mean, opposed to on principle?

SH: Windows. I don't do windows.

Me: You cannot have a principled opposition to washing windows.

SH: Yes I can. I don't care if the windows are clean.

Me: Uh huh. That's because you have never seen them really dirty.

No comments: