Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Marriage 701, Lecture 23: A clothing taxonomy

Me: Gary, look at this old Rice t-shirt SH found.

Gary: Wow. That is old.

Me: Yeah. SH has an entire area of the basement dedicated to storing old Rice t-shirts.

SH: That's not true!

Me: You have them all in an old suitcase in the corner and when you were looking for a Rice t-shirt for that alumni thing, you went right to it. You knew exactly where they were.

SH: It's not a dedicated Rice t-shirt area. There are concert t-shirts in there as well.

Me: OK. A Rice and concert t-shirt dedicated area.

SH: But only concerts from the 80s.

Me: Oh Lord. So it's an 80's t-shirt area.

SH: Yes.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Love it! My son-in-law (and daughter) went to Rice, and I made him a t-shirt quilt with his old Rice Players t-shirts. He was thrilled! But your guy sounds like he might not want to "sacrifice" them!

Class factotum said...

Tricia, what a great idea! But no - if I got anywhere near the t-shirts with a scissors, I think SH would pass out. I am not even allowed to wear his Rice sweatshirt.

(And what are the odds of another Rice-connected person finding this blog? It's not like there are that many of us!)

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh so hard. I couldn't even tell you why, exactly, except that I love 80s concert t-shirts. They make them differently nowadays and it disappoints me.

Evelynne said...

(That was me, talking about loving 80s concert t-shirts.)

Class factotum said...

Hi Evelynne!