Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Marriage 701, Lecture 124: I can see clearly now

SH: If we didn't have cats, the house would be a lot cleaner. No cat hair. No cat vomit.

Me: No cat snot on the windows.

SH: I don't care about clean windows.

Me: What?

SH: I want the blinds closed most of the time anyhow.

Me: But clean windows are nice!

SH: I don't care.

Me: Didn't you have clean windows when you were a kid?

SH: I guess.

Me: Didn't your mom keep a clean house?

SH: My mother is a very good housekeeper! Was a very good housekeeper.

Me: Uh huh.

SH: She made me help her with vacuuming. That's why I am so good at vacuuming now.

Me: Didn't she make you do other chores?

SH: No.

Me: So you never cleaned windows when you were a kid?

SH: No. She did all the dusting, too.

Me: Wait. She had two children yet she did all the work? That's the main reason to have kids - so you have someone to delegate to. Your  mother did not do it right.

SH: Yes she did.

Me: If I were dying and confined to my bed, would you clean the windows for me, inside and out?

SH: Well sure. In the bedroom. Where you could see them.

No comments: