Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Marriage 701, Lecture 123: In hot water

SH: Here's where you and I have different thought processes: these dishes have to go into the drainer in a very specific pattern.

Me: Right.

SH: This is where this new thing [that restricts the water flow and makes it take forever to fill a pot for boiling pasta] on the tap is working. See?

Me: What?

SH: I'm already using less water.

Me: But you could just use less water by not washing the dishes as long.

SH: It doesn't have to do with how long you wash them or the intensity of the water. It has to do with the swishing of the wand. It's fine to use less intensity of water.

Me: We live by a great lake.

SH: So?

Me: You've never been worried about water before.

SH: It's not water. It's hot water.

Me: You could just wash the dishes faster.

SH: Then they would  be less clean.

Me: No they won't!

SH: They're cleaner when I wash them than when you do.

Me: Oh like you've ever gotten sick from my dishes.

SH: No of course not. But my standard is higher than not getting sick.

Me: My dishes are not dirty.

SH: You're sick right now. Maybe it's because someone didn't do dishes properly.

No comments: