Friday, January 30, 2015

Marriage 701, Lecture 763: A little night romance

Me: Hey! I have a problem with you!

SH: What?

Me: Somebody used the last of the toilet paper and did not put on a new roll, even though I had left a new roll on the counter.

SH: Oh. That was last night.

Me: Yeah. You used it up but then didn't put on the new roll.

SH: It was night!

Me: So?

SH: So it's not the right thing to do.

Me: But it was empty.

SH: No it wasn't. There were two squares left and I used one.

Me: And the other one is glued to the tube!

SH: It was nighttime. I did the right thing.

4 comments:

Cleo from Jersey said...

OK, in a meager attempt to save this marriage (LOL), Amazon sells a sleek, almost invisible, stainless steel stand that holds 5 rolls of toilet paper, in addition to the one being used. It can stand next to the toilet, ever ready to serve, even in the dark. All my friends (women + one man)ordered one when they saw mine.

Joy said...

SH is completely wrong.

webb said...

SH IS completely wrong, and that stack thing works fine. Got one as a gift to my husband .... if you get my drift!

Joan said...

Can you reach the roll on the counter when you are "enthroned"? (Not that it would excuse SH's lack of gallantry)