Monday, June 01, 2015

Marriage 701, Lecture 763: Odysseus returns

SH just came home after being gone for almost a month. (Thank you, parents who refuse to deal with reality. News flash: Everyone gets older. Everyone dies. If you really love your family, do what you can to mitigate the impact of your poor health and your for-sure death on them.)

In only four hours, he

1. Checked the inventory of everything in the fridge and the freezer to identify what is new

2. Tried to rotate the cheese inventory, insisting we need to pay attention to the 'best by' dates in choosing the next cheese to open, even though a. cheese is how you store milk for the long term and b. we have never had cheese last longer than a few months in our house so I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT OUR CHEESE GOING BAD

3. Worried that I was furminating Laverne all wrong and that I would release clumps of cat hair into the wild and also bring cat hair inside

4. Reconfigured the squeeze points on the toothpaste

I told him I mostly miss him when he is gone, but I do not miss it when he wants to know what I am doing and why.

No comments: