Monday, July 27, 2015

Marriage 701, Lecture 123: Packing and planning and It's My Thing


SH: You're probably taking a pair of underwear for each day we're going to be on vacation.

Me: Um. Yes.

SH: I won't be taking a shower every day, so I don't need to take that many.

Me: Whatever.

SH: But maybe if you are going to be washing any laundry in the sink, you could wash some things for me?

Me: You can wash your own laundry.

SH: But you can do it!

Me: So can you.

SH: But you are better!

Me: What? Why do you say something like that?

SH: Because it's your thing.

Me: It's not my thing either. It's nobody's thing.

SH: Yes. It is a thing.

Me: It's not a thing. It's just something you do. It's not that complicated.

SH: But it's - it's a girl thing.

Me: Woah Mr Liberal!

SH: Like sewing buttons - that's something you do. It's not something I do.

Me: Because your mother thought the sun comes out of your butt.

SH: It's not my thing.

No comments: