Friday, September 18, 2015

Marriage 801, Lecture 1: The essence

This is how SH and I fight:

SH: I am telling you to do something completely obvious

Me: Only an idiot would not know that. Do you think I am stupid?

SH: But you don't always do it my way.

Me: Your way is not the only way. Shut. Up.

SH: But you are not doing it right.

Me: You need to shut up and you need to change.

SH: No. You need to change.

Me: No! You need to change!

SH: No! YOU NEED TO CHANGE!

Me: NO! YOU NEED TO CHANGE!

2 comments:

Jessica (tc) said...

Wait...I don't know about the beginning, but I'm pretty sure the end of that argument is the way that almost all married couples fight.

I'm sure my husband is wrong*, because why would perfect, little me ever need to change anything?

*(I'm sure he thinks the same thing, but we're both wrong. I'll admit that here, but deny it if you ever tell him I said it.)

;-P

Class factotum said...

Jessica, your secret is safe with me. :)