Friday, October 09, 2015

Marriage 801, Lecture 653: I was 'ongry and I did not want to change clothes more than once

SH: That's not fair! You tried to rush me into a decision.

Me: Three days ago, you said you wanted to go out to eat after I picked you up at the airport.

SH: I know.

Me: And so I picked you up and we came home because we weren't going to the restaurant straight from the airport. But you told me you stayed up until 3 a.m. last night and you said you were really tired so I wasn't sure if you still wanted to go.

SH: I know.

Me: So that's why I asked.

SH: But you should have asked right when you picked me up, not once we were home. I can't make a decision that quickly!

Me: But the decision did not need to be made at the airport. We were not going from the airport. We had to come home first. And then we got home and it was 6:30. It was past time to eat. All you had to do was say "yes" or "no."

SH: We needed to discuss it!

Me: No. We didn't. All you had to do was to say "yes" or "no." I just wanted to know whether to put on going out of the house clothes or sweatpants.

SH: You were pressuring me. I can't make decisions under pressure.

No comments: